COVID-19 Current Policies-
We ask that clients acknowledge and follow the following procedures to ensure the health and safety of everyone in attendance
- From April 1st, all parties must take place outdoors and all guests must maintain a distance of 2 meters from our princess at all times. (Please make sure the performing area is big enough to allow this)
- What happens if it’s scheduled to rain OR it’s very cold outside? There are two situation on what would happen if it is scheduled to rain or if the weather is too cold :
Situation 1- We have advance notice of the likelihood of rain/cold weather:.
If 24 hours before the party, the weather forecast is anticipating rain/extreme cold weather at the time of your party, you would have two options. The first option would be to reschedule the princess visit to a mutually agreeable date. The second option would be to move the visit inside. (see mask policy below)
Situation 2- There is no notice of rain/cold weather:
What Happens if the weather forecast looks good, but then as soon as the princess arrives, it starts raining or it’s extremely cold outside) ?
In this specific case, as our performer already travelled to your party, we would not be able to reschedule the visit, our performer would need to move the entertainment inside. (see mask policy below)
- Masks are not required for outdoor visits. If the party has to move inside because of rain or extremely cold weather, all guests ( over the age of two) would need to wear a mask indoors. If all your guests are not wearing masks indoors, covering both nose and mouth, the princess will put hers on for the duration of the visit.
- Your total guest count must not exceed current social gathering numbers set by the Ontario government
- Adults must stay close to the children for the entire visit to ensure the children maintain correct social distancing ( 2m)
- All guests in attendance must be healthy and symptom free - any child/adult that is unwell or showing symptoms cannot attend.
- The princess will bring a large rope that will be set on the floor. This will act as her "stage" and will to help maintain the required social distancing.
- During photo time, we ask that children take pictures one at a time with the princess while maintaining 2 meter physical distancing.
- Games and activities will be altered to ensure that there is no contact, including no hand-holding, no hugs, to accommodate as little contact as possible among guests.
- Payment- You will have the option to either pay remaining balance in cash on the day OR pay remaining balance 7 days in advance by credit card/visa debit, paypal or e transfer. Tipping after the visit is always greatly appreciated but not required. You can either tip by giving cash to the princess on the day or if you would prefer to tip via e transfer you can send payment to and the tip will be paid to your performer (please just list the party date, time and character)
- For your own peace of mind, please know, we ask that our performers take their temperature before every booking and we would not send a performer with an elevated temperature or a performer who was feeling unwell. Our performers are also required to sanitize their hands before and after your booking
- If any anytime these rules are not followed, the princess holds the right to leave the party with full payment from the client. We ask that you also explain these guidelines to your child and guests prior to the princess's arrival. I appreciate your understanding and support in these matters to help us ensure a safe, healthy, and magical party for your child and your guests.
We want to provide you with the BEST party possible! In order for our character to deliver her very best performance, we will need your cooperation with a few extra details. Please read the following, these recommendations have been updated for our Socially Distanced package:
Please note, smoking is not allowed in the area our performer is performing in. Please ensure the space is a 100% smoke free environment.
Space and Requirements For the Entertainment
Please make sure the performing area is big enough so your guests can stay at least 2 meters away from our performer at all times. Please prepare a chair for the princess to sit on for storytime and space for the kids to sit on the floor in front, at least 2 meters away from the princess. Please put away all toys and limit other entertainment/ distractions ( ex. bouncy castle, play sets etc) while the princess is there.
Timing is Everything
It is very important that you allow your guests more than enough time to arrive, or eat if you are having a meal before the entertainment. In fairness to other bookings delaying a character’s start is often not an option. We recommend inciting your guests at least30 minutes before your character’s start time. Our performer will not be able to “stay over” the time she has been booked for.
To make her entrance/exit magical for your guests- Our entertainer will call you 5 minutes before entering.
Parking and Finding your Home/ Venue
Our performer will require parking. In order for our princess to enter on time, it is very important to provide us with accurate and detailed parking instructions. If you are planning to have the performer park on the street or in a “paid” parking zone ( and parking is limited in your area) it is very important to save a spot for the performer. Please know, it is your responsibility to pay for any parking fees (if applicable). Please be sure to provide suitable directions/ instructions if your address is hard to find, you are having a party in a condo/apartment, or if your address does not come up properly on a GPS device or on google maps.
Feeding the Children During the Entertainment
Please know, some of our performers have nut allergies, for the health and safety of our performers, please keep all food items containing nuts out of the performance room and away from our performers. For various reasons, we ask that you please do not feed children snacks or a meal during the performance.
Our performer will be wearing heels/shoes throughout the duration of the party. If weather conditions are bad, we suggest having a towel/mat for her to wipe her feet on before she enters your home/venue. If shoes cannot be worn in your home/venue, please inform us at least 7 days prior to the party so we can add this note to your party file.
Terms and Conditions & FAQ
We care about the safety of your children and guests- there must be a responsible parent or adult present at all times, to monitor and oversee all children. Our priority in entertaining your guests- our characters will not be able to discipline children who are misbehaving and will not be able to handle medical emergencies. By booking a party with Magic At My Door and by paying a deposit/ booking retainer with us, here are the liability terms you agree to:
I understand having my guests participate in a party involves a certain amount of risk (including but not limited to illness, physical activity, makeup, glitter, Temporary Tattoos, games and dancing, etc.) I release “Magic At My Door- Entertainment and Events” and their executives, agents, performers, freelance sub-contractors, and employees from any claims, actions, causes of actions, damages, costs, liabilities, expenses or judgments, including attorneys fees and court costs, arising from my party guests participation in any Magic At My Door party activities. I shall be held responsible for any injury or illness to myself, my child, my invited party guests, their children, their assigns, heirs, and agents for any injury or loss or injury to property while Magic At My Door performers are performing at my party.
If at any point our performer feels unsafe or threatened, she will leave your party immediately and no refund will be offered. Please ensure the environment our performer is walking into is positive and safe. Our company has the right to cancel any booking if we do not feel conditions will be appropriate to send a performer.
What if I need to cancel or postpone my party?
A non refundable deposit/retainer/booking fee is required to book your party.
Once we receive your Retainer Fee/Deposit/booking fee , we will reserve your desired time and date for you on the performer’s schedule. Once you have booked with us, and you decide to cancel, we will keep your Retainer Fee/Deposit/booking fee and gladly work with you to find an alternate party date for your consideration, based on availability. In order to transfer the deposit to another date, the new party date must be within 2 years of your initial booking date. ( this has been extended from 1 month to 2 years, in light of COVID 19) We are happy to transfer your deposit/retainer/booking fee and reschedule your party 1 time with that initial deposit/retainer payment. If you cancel/reschedule a second time we would retain your deposit payment/retainer /booking fee (you would lose that deposit/retainer/booking fee). If you wished to book again, full payment up front would be required to secure a date/time onto our calendar.
Please note, the rescheduled party must be of equal value to the initial booking that was made We require a deposit /retainer/booking fee for each character you book. If you have booked a party with 2+ characters, and you decide to keep the booking but cancel one of the characters, we will be happy to cancel the extra character, but you will lose your deposit/retainer/booking fee for that character.
Please know, In light of COVID 19, we now offer 2 years to reschedule, if you need to make the tough decision to postpone your party, you still have PLENTY of time to get healthy and celebrate once everyone can safely join in on the fun. Should you cancel your party, your deposit/retainer/booking fee will not be returned, however we will do our best to work with you to find an alternate date within 2 years of your original party date.
Can I request a certain performer/actress?
When you get booked in for a character appearance we guarantee that you will get the specific character you booked but we unfortunately cannot guarantee a specific actress/performer. We only hire the best and most talented actresses, who are all trained to deliver the same “magical experience”. We will be unable to take bookings that require a specific performer/actress.